Position: Director of Marketing and Donor Relations
Supervisor: Executive Director
The Director of Marketing and Donor Relations plans, develops, and executes the organization’s strategic marketing and communications plan. Analyzes existing and identifies new audience/market segments and aligns all organizational fundraising, communications and marketing efforts in order to create a unified voice for ZCenter campaigns and events as well as programs and services. The Director of Marketing and Donor Relations supervises the Corporate Relations and Events Representative, Strategy and Community Relations Officer, and Database Administrator.
The following is a list of duties, which are considered essential functions of this job. This list is not exhaustive, as all positions at ZCenter are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients, donors, volunteers, etc. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort is made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform this job in the manner indicated.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Reports to Executive Director and works closely with Director of Development to set annual goals and establish development plan, marketing and donor relations strategy, timeline and metrics as outlined in the organization’s overall strategic plan.
- Holds primary responsibility for structure and direct regular maintenance of Raiser’s Edge donor database system used to track all contact information, interactions and transactions and serve as vendor liaison for database. Coordinates and maintains all donor data points and collaborate with Development team to create and adhere to established protocols. Ensures Development and Marketing teams complete required trainings.
- Works collaboratively with Director of Development to ensure proper accounting for gifts and coordinate timely personal thank you process utilizing appropriate board, committee and staff members. Updates written thank you letters annually or as needed.
- Responsible for all marketing/communications and graphic design needs for the entire organization and maintain/manage branding standards. Manage vendor relationships and provide final approval for materials production.
- Develops and directs overall communications strategy including website, email marketing, traditional and social media, video content, print/mailed donor communications including birthday, sympathy and anniversary as appropriate.
- Researches best practices, establishes and monitors metrics, provides timely analysis to measure effectiveness of marketing, communication and fundraising efforts.
- Maintains strong relationships with donors of all levels, volunteers, partners, and staff. Serves as customer service representative for ZCenter donors.
- Works collaboratively with the Development team on overall strategy to raise awareness and recognition of all ZCenter donors.
- Collaborates with Development and Marketing teams to create fundraising solicitation and recognition materials, vehicles and programs.
- Assists in creating and reviewing funding proposals (grants, corporate sponsorships, etc.).
- Assists in identifying and crafting compelling client testimonials and impact statements highlighting ZCenter as the source for survivors to heal and thrive.
- Oversees online fundraising efforts including agency wish list; conducts monthly reconciliation of online fundraising revenue with Senior Director of Administration.
- Actively participates as a member of ZCenter Director’s Team to advance the mission of the organization. Participate in management decisions and use creative problem-solving skills to identify and address issues impacting the organizational performance.
- Participates in board meetings, as requested.
- Provides telephone and or in-person crisis intervention in cooperation with other staff.
- Assists with agency events and other projects and task forces as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assists the agency in implementing a diversity strategy that embraces all individuals and ensures that agency services are accessible to all clients, regardless of gender, race, language, ability, sexual orientation, religion, age, or socio-economic background.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.