Upland Country Day School, located in Kennett Square, PA seeks an innovative, entrepreneurial and experienced marketing and communications professional. The Director of Marketing and Communications advances the School’s mission, brand, vision, and culture. The Director is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all of the School’s marketing, communications, and public relations strategies to both internal and external audiences. The Director coordinates with the admissions, development, alumni and academic departments on the direction, production and distribution of all School communications and messaging at both the strategic and tactical level. The Director of Marketing and Communications is a member of the Administrative Team and reports to the Head of School.
- Develop and implement targeted communications in order to build and expand relationships with all constituencies that contribute to the School’s success: students, faculty, parents, alumni, prospective families, the media, and the greater community.
- Coordinate the design and management of the School’s website and social media platforms to ensure consistency and updated information across the site; creating and delivering intriguing content.
- Serve as media contact for the School, produce and distribute regular press releases, strengthen relationships with various media outlets, and collaborate with the School community to determine opportunities for outreach.
- Support the Development Director, Admissions Director and all departments to communicate messaging in all outbound communications and promotional materials.
- Monitor program results and provide ongoing analysis and evaluation to meet and exceed goals.
- Lead and prioritize the School’s integrated marketing efforts by developing and implementing digital and print marketing plans; producing all print and electronic publications and materials; media buying and implementation; creation of advertising strategy.
- Develop and execute a dynamic strategic marketing plan for enrollment growth and increased brand awareness, attaining and exceeding goals.
- Create targeted grassroots word-of-mouth strategies to engage all constituents including alumni, parents, grandparents, friends, donors, faculty and staff.
- Serve as an ambassador for the School seeking and participating in outreach events in the greater community
- Coordinate and manage special events and functions on and off campus
- Perform other duties as assigned