Our client is looking for a prolific and talented content creator who is comfortable in a role that requires a combination of strategic planning, leadership, and day-to-day execution. This person will set annual and long-term content marketing strategies, earn executive approval, and oversee their execution across the Content Marketing team and our business partners. This role includes writing and producing various high-quality content pieces and blog regularly around important, relevant search terms in support of this strategy. In addition, you will be responsible for using content to improve our company’s and our content’s search rank for key terms at the top, middle, and bottom (branded) of our marketing funnel. This role will also be responsible for setting, earning executive approval for, and leading social media strategy by creating and leading the execution of an annual plan for growing followers, engaging and retaining them, and helping convert them into leads, customers, and promoters of our company. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
The eCommerce group is a growing team of developers, content architects, digital marketers, business intelligent analysts, sales and training analysts, cactus enthusiasts and lunch aficionados. We're a team that focuses on hiring individuals who possess positive energy and character. We believe many skills can be learned, but these qualities are essential to enable our team to excel. We geek out over white-boarding, love fantasy football and enjoy celebrating small wins with baked goods. We are united with a common goal to continuously improve the eCommerce Program. We believe that true teamwork and camaraderie are the secrets to enjoying our time in the office and ultimately being a productive and successful team.
· Leads development, establishment, and enforcement of content marketing and social media strategy, and sells strategy to leadership for approval.
• Implements content marketing and social media strategy across the business by collaborating with marketing leaders across core and subsidiary business units.
• Serves as point of contact between Content Marketing team and our internal partners, subject matter experts, and customers.
• Delegates and reviews/approves projects and work completed by others on Content Marketing team.
• Monitors approved subsidiary/business unit social media pages for compliance with social media strategy and policy, and takes action for non-compliant pages.
• Creates free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include blog posts, ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
• Collaborates with designers, fellow team members, and other internal and external influencers and industry experts to produce and distribute relevant, precise, and accurate content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
• Explores new ways to engage with and reach our target buyers.
• Convinces others that creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
• Serves as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission.
• Works with the Digital Marketing Manager to build our editorial calendar and written guidelines.
• Up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges as well as the latest trends in content marketing, social media, SEO, and major search engine changes.
• Builds and manages the company’s social media profiles and presence, driving consistent, relevant traffic and leads.
• Listens, engages in, and reports on relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.