Office: Washington, DC, Dallas or Houston
Department: Marketing (Firmwide)
Reports to: Marketing Technology Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: Core Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday: additional hours as needed
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Marketing Technology Manager, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Marketing Technology Coordinator is responsible for implementing edits to the firm’s website postings (Ruby CMS), e-mail marketing system (Vuture), CRM system (InterAction), proposal tool (Content Pilot), and handling other miscellaneous duties such as blog postings, social media management, and database maintenance. The Marketing Technology Coordinator is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Marketing Technology Coordinator must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Handle a high volume of email marketing requests by setting up alerts, events, newsletters, and registration forms in Vuture.
- On occasion, create custom email marketing templates, snippets and other general HTML customization requests needed by the team.
- Handle a high volume of website edits by utilizing a CMS tool to make updates to the firm website, attorney biographies, practice descriptions, blogs, job postings, and other miscellaneous website content.
- Process edits to the proposal tool such as attorney biographies, practice descriptions and other miscellaneous content.
- Support the marketing and business development team by troubleshooting any technology questions regarding the website, email marketing, proposal tool and database needs.
- Complete ongoing data quality tasks to improve the marketing database. Manage and complete incoming data tickets requiring database updates to contacts and companies.
- Conduct ongoing database cleanup and maintenance regarding bounced contacts and duplicates. Research contacts and companies via internet to update profile information, business addresses, email and job title.
- Monitor collaboration between systems related to marketing technology to ensure reliability of integrated data. Assist with the launch of new software for the team when necessary.
- With guidance, document data-related policies and procedures in the form of quick reference guides, online help, knowledge-based documentation and other documentation as assigned.
- Work closely with the Marketing Technology Manager to stay abreast of new legal marketing software and research. Attend seminars, webinars and demos regularly.
- Complete, with supervision, special projects to improve the data integrity of specific marketing lists and contact types, including imports, data cleansing, searching and exporting.
- Accept and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Experience with HTML is required
- Previous email marketing experience is a must, experience with Vuture is plus
- Must have experience with a CMS tool
- Familiarity with InterAction Web & Windows Clients or similar CRM/database technologies
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of corporate structures and basic corporate research a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels within and outside of the firm
- Ability to work independently and with colleagues located in different offices
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work, coupled with the ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects and requests, providing a solutions-oriented approach to ensure user satisfaction
- Strong time management skills and sense of urgency to requests, along with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines under sometimes stressful conditions
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential; knowledge of InterAction and Vuture preferred
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of client, firm and personnel information, and adhering to the Firm’s Core Values
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior professional services marketing experience required, prior law firm marketing experience a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or training