|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, develop and implement the corporate sponsorship strategy based on existing goals and current sponsorships.
- Lead the assessment, valuation, and packaging of corporate sponsorship assets at SME’s including marketing, events, etc.
- Develop a pipeline of new prospects through outbound solicitations; field, assess and evaluate the market.
- Incoming calls; cultivate and develop relationships with promotion and event agencies and secure corporate partners in support of SME’s mission.
- Work with Director, to strategize on all philanthropic potential with each corporation or organization prior to activity.
- Manage pre-meeting activity, including pitch, presentations, and proposals.
- Execute post-contract activities for new sponsorships including: negotiating donation and benefits, as needed and maintaining communication with corporate partners to keep them current on value-added opportunities and to acknowledge their payments or contributions.
- Track results and create recap reports for all corporate partners.
- Take responsibility for financial reporting of sponsorship activities, running queries and generating reports on sponsorship activity in database.
- Work closely with Director to develop and implement a strategy for attaining revenue and promotional goals.
- Create a program of meaningful volunteer opportunities for employees of corporate funders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two to four years’ in association or sponsorship.
- Strong negotiation and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to sell and market to corporations and members of the Society.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and donor management software. Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrate prospect research experience.
- Ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
- Essential to have intellectual curiosity and a strong interest in the SME’s mission.
The above qualifications and requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
All applications must contain a cover letter expressing why the candidate is interested in this particular position which includes how his/her experience is relative to the duties outlined for the position, salary requirements, and a resume. Applications must be sent as one electronic document to email@example.com.
No relocation expenses provided.