The Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager leads the Sinai Akiba communications and public relations efforts. As an innovative, entrepreneurial, and seasoned communications professional, the Manager designs and implements strategic and comprehensive Communications/Marketing Plans to advance the Sinai Akiba brand in Los Angeles. The Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager is also responsible for shaping, planning, and executing messaging for the Advancement Director and Head of School.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the production of print and electronic publications, internal communications to parents, faculty and staff, crisis communication, and media relations. The Manager works with the Technology Director on website design, content, and management. The Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager is an active member of a highly collaborative Advancement team and works in concert with the Admissions and Development Directors to ensure coordinated, timely, and strategic messaging. This position reports to the Advancement Director.
- Collaborate with Advancement Director to foster strategic, targeted communications in order to build and expand relationships with all constituencies that contribute to the School’s success: students, faculty, parents, alumni, parents of alumni, prospective students and their parents, the media, and the wider community.
- Coordinate the design and management of the School’s website and social media platforms to ensure consistency and updated information across the site; creating and delivering intriguing content.
- Serve as media contact for the School, strengthen relationships with various media outlets, and collaborate with the School community to determine appropriate opportunities for outreach.
- Support the communications needs of the Head of School, Head’s Council, and board of trustees (may include speech/letter writing for Head of School).
- Assist Advancement Director, Development Director and Admissions Director communicate strategic messages in all outbound collaterals, letters and presentations.
- Monitor program results and provide ongoing analysis and evaluation to meet and exceed goals.
- Lead and prioritize the School’s integrated marketing efforts by developing and implementing digital and print marketing plans; overseeing market research; producing print and electronic publications; media buying and implementation; creation of advertising strategy.
- Supervising brand strategy to streamline the look of all Sinai Akiba collateral, handbooks, push-pages, apparel and solicitation materials across all School divisions.
- Develop and execute a dynamic and detailed strategic plan for the community relations program, attaining and exceeding goals.
- Manage the School’s market position and identity to ensure effective messaging and compliance with graphic standards.
- Create targeted, segmented grassroots strategies to engage internal and external constituents including alumni, parents, grandparents, friends, vendors, and faculty and staff.
- Strategize and coordinate with Advancement Director, Admissions Director, and Development Director on strategy, solicitations, and engagement/marketing calendars.
- Identify, recruit, train, and support volunteers to increase the reach of Sinai Akiba in the community.
- Introduce and manage an internship program for Sinai Akiba.
- Commitment to Sinai Akiba Academy’s mission.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree.
- Minimum three years marketing management experience.
- Proven marketing track record in organizing and managing annual marketing plans to exceed goals of an institution.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative approach to marketing.
- Ability to enlist, train, manage, and motivate large groups of volunteers.
- A big-picture, strategic thinker who is flexible, highly detail oriented, able to multi-task easily, and has impeccable follow-through on projects.